This type of visa will be issued to applicants who wishing to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes:
– Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
– Visa application form completely filled out
– One recent(4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
– Air ticket paid in full
– Financial means (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
– Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary
The validity of a visa is three months. Upon arrival, visitors with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand for a period not exceeding 60 days at any time. Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their status of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120 , Tel (662) 287-3101-10 (or at http://www.police.go.th/thaiimb/frconten.htm ). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the immigration officer.